Friday, October 4, 2013

In The Hot Seat With H.C. Author Victoria Blisse








Joining me in the Hot Seat today is author,   Victoria Blisse   

Bio: Victoria Blisse is a mother, wife, Christian, Manchester United fan and award winning erotica author. She is also the editor of several Bigger Briefs collections, and the co-editor of the fabulous Smut Alfresco and Smut in the City and Smut by the Sea Anthologies.
Victoria is also one of the brains behind the fabulous Smut by the Sea event taking place at Scarborough Library (UK) on the 14th June 2014. A day dedicated to erotica with  lots of author readings, fun giveaways and exciting talks.
She is equally at home behind a laptop or a cooker (She is TEB's Resident "Naked Chef") and she loves to create stories, poems, cakes and biscuits that make people happy. She was born near Manchester, England and her northern English quirkiness shows through in all of her stories.
Passion, love and laughter fill her works, just as they fill her busy life.
You can find often find Victoria procrastinating on Facebook http://facebook.com/victoriablisse , Twitter http://twitter.com/victoriablisse  and Pinterest http://pinterest.com/victoriablisse
To find out more check out http://victoriablisse.co.uk


Q:  Can you tell our readers a little about your writing? What genres do you enjoy writing?
I write what I call ‘rosy, raunchy romance’ which is a happily ever after love story with lots of hot sexiness too. I write about curvy girls like me and love to write in many different genres. I often dabble with a little light BDSM, have fun playing with the paranormal and if I can get two hot guys into a story instead of one, then all the better!

Q:  Do you write on a schedule or when the Muse decides?
A little bit of both. I like to write every morning but sometimes that just doesn’t happen. Sometimes the muse strikes and I just have to write. More often a deadline looms and I just have to write like the wind to hit it!

Q:  What qualities do you instill in your heroes?
My heroes are always kind (it might be hidden under a few layers, but it is there) loyal, sincere and they always have a damn good sense of humour. Each hero I create is unique, though. I love playing with personality flaws and turning them into positives in the end. Just take Johnny the Djinn from my Djinn’s Amulet series http://victoriablisse.co.uk/series/djinn-amulet. He’s a whole ball of personality flaws, but I defy you not to fall in love with him, the sarcastic, arrogant bugger.

Q. Coffee or tea?
Neither, bleh. I am a very rare Brit, I can’t stand tea. It raises a few brows I can tell you!

Q. Do you write about the places you know or prefer to take your readers to exotic places?
A bit of both. I write very often about Scarborough, most recently in a free read you can pick up called Hitting the Jackpot http://victoriablisse.co.uk/books/hitting-the-jackpot /  I visit Scarborough every year at least once for a holiday and I have done since I was a little girl.  I write about Britain and Brits a lot, being a lass from the North of England myself.  I don’t stick to what I know though. I’ve written Bollywood inspired tales (that Johnny the Djinn again!) and I’ve got my Point Vamp series of vampires http://victoriablisse.co.uk/series/point-vamp and I often have characters disappear to exotic places I’ve never visited. In my latest release (out today!) Sharing Nicely http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=2331 there is an extensive section that happens in Venice. There’s a gondola ride, water taxi fun, a dress fitting, a masquerade ball and more. I’ve never been to Venice, I spent a pleasant time researching Venice, though.


Q: Where do you get your inspiration?
Sitting on the Bus, drinking smoothies in a coffee shop, watching telly, staring through the train window, walking the streets of London, riding the tube, squished next to a stranger, sitting in bed, reading a book,  in dreams, chatting with friends, listening to sermons (really!), in waiting rooms and occasionally when I’m actually using my laptop.

If I weren’t so wordy, I’d have just said everywhere.

Q: Would you change anything in your life to make writing easier.
Well, if I could remove my procrastination gene, that’s help.


Q: We have all suffered submission rejections. How do you cope? Do you have any advice to other writers on coping with rejection?
I cope fairly well by in large. Sometimes it’s a great big punch in the gut and it takes a few deep breaths to get back in the zone but I’ve been given some great advice by writing pals over the years. One bit being a story may be rejected for many reasons, lots of them have nothing to do with the quality of the story. The editor might have seen lots of those types of stories at the time, they may not like the way you write or don’t get your main character or simply don’t like stories set in the town you’ve picked. They may have been tired at the time or rushing through submissions. Don’t take a rejection personally, just keep looking for the home for your story. I find the best cure for rejection is sending the story straight back out to another publisher. You just have to keep looking for the right home for your work.


Q: What do you like to read and who are your favourite authors?
I have a soft spot for fantasy, Terry Pratchett and David Gemmell are two of my favourite authors and Neil Gaiman makes me weep with joy and sorrow at the way he weaves a story. I also like to read in the erotic genre, you can’t beat a book from one of my fellow Brit Babes if you want good quality erotica and erotic romance. http://thebritbabes.blogspot.co.uk/


Q: Do you write one novel at a time or do you move between works in progress?
I usually work on one thing at a time. Sometimes though I will take time out of a longer work to write a short story because I need a change.

Q: Is there anything you would like to share with us about upcoming releases?
I’ve not got details right now Heather, but if I get anything by the end of September can I send it to you to add in here? Thanks.

Q: Can you tell us a little about your current novel? What inspired you to write this story?
 Sharing Nicely started out as a short 15k story in reply to call for submissions. It didn’t get accepted because it wasn’t a complete story, it needed more. So I wrote more. I got to 30k and thought I had the end but then a sequel idea came to me and in the end I decided to just keep writing and aim for a novel. I ended up with just over 50k and Sharing Nicely was born.

Blurb: Two hot, sexy billionaires know what they want and they want her, but will they be happy to share nicely?
Kerry Matthews is used to stress—she runs her own high-end London club called Diamonds, but what she isn’t used to is attention from two very persuasive and powerful men.
Darren Bennett and Greg Stamford are life-long rivals, but call a truce to spend one night with sassy, curvy Kerry. They’re not content to share forever though. They both have a selfish desire to possess her completely.
Darren buys her seductive lingerie, flowers and chocolates, Greg flies her to Paris for a romantic break, cleans her flat and makes her breakfast in bed. Both vying to cement their place in her heart. She needs to decide between them but is dazzled by their persuasive personas and extravagant gifts.
Reader Advisory: This book contains a scene of MFM Ménage and some violence.


Author’s links: http://victoriablisse.co.uk





No comments:

Post a Comment