Thursday, September 19, 2013

In The Hot Seat With H.C. Author, Rosanna Leo




Joining me in the Hot Seat today is author, Rosanna Leo.

Bio: Rosanna Leo is a multi-published author with Liquid Silver Books. She has her degree in history and literature, as well as in classical singing. Currently residing in Toronto, Canada, her favorite things are her family, dusty libraries, and Nutella. Rosanna loves it when the geeky, awkward girl gets the hot guy, and has made it her mission to see this happen in her books as much as possible. You can find all her books at www.lsbooks.com. Rosanna's blog is www.rosannaleo.blogspot.com

Q:  Can you tell our readers a little about your writing? What genres do you enjoy writing? I believe my writing really is a reflection of my character: a little quirky, a little funny, and way too romantic for my peace of mind. I enjoy pairing characters who appear so wrong for each other on paper, but who spark the moment they let their guard down for a second. As far as genres, I mostly write paranormal erotic romance, but also have one contemporary to my name. I hope to write more contemporary as time goes on, but am really enjoying the paranormal world right now.

Q:  Do you write on a schedule or when the Muse decides? I basically sit down to write whenever I can. I also work in a public library and have two busy kids so time can be scarce. However, when my boys are at school, and when I don’t have a library shift, I’m all over my laptop.


Q:  What qualities do you instill in your heroes? There are some qualities that are, for me, a must in a good hero: bravery, loyalty and honesty. Everything else is icing on the cake. Not all my heroes start life as exemplary characters; in fact, some have been quite naughty. I enjoy watching them transform for their heroine, I like seeing them want to be better for her.

Q. Coffee or tea? Only coffee. And make it a large one! Mama’s tired!

Q. Beach or countryside? Beach. I could happily burn in the sun for hours, although I also love the country.

Q. Do you write about the places you know or prefer to take your readers to exotic places? I grew up in Toronto, Canada, and have set many of my books either right in Toronto or in the environs. I did set one in the Mayan Riviera because my family vacations there a lot and we love it. I do use familiar settings. I find if you know a locale well, you can include so many interesting local tidbits to make it fun for the reader.


Q: Would you change anything in your life to make writing easier. Yes. I would make myself independently wealthy so I could write all day long and not worry about whether I needed to work tomorrow! LOL


Q: We have all suffered submission rejections. How do you cope? Do you have any advice to other writers on coping with rejection? I’ve never had a rejection….hahaha! Did I get you going?? No, I’ve had lots of lovely rejections and remain philosophical about them. Like anything in life that doesn’t work out, I try not to stress over it. I am a firm believer in the idea that if something doesn’t happen, it’s because it wasn’t MEANT to happen. Something better will be on the horizon. J


Q: Do you write one novel at a time or do you move between works in progress? I really only do one at a time. My brain can only handle so much detail. Between remembering where my children are supposed to be on any given day, I can’t endure trying to recall the details of too many imaginary worlds as well. I’m a one-track-mind woman!


Q: Do you have times when the Muse is away on holiday? My Muse tries to go on holiday, but I force her to work on a very punishing schedule. Frankly, even if I’m not inspired, I try to write just a few lines. Just something to keep up a kind of momentum. If I go too long without writing, I become very ornery.


Q: Is there anything you would like to share with us about upcoming releases? Well, I am working on the third instalment of my shifter series Gemini Island Shifters, and hope to have it ready for submission soon. I would also like to return to my Orkney Selkies series soon. My female readers have been asking for a new selkie hero and I hate to disappoint. ;)

Q: Can you tell us a little about your current novel? What inspired you to write this story?
Predator’s Serenade, Gemini Island Shifters Book 2, is a fun, sexy romp. After seeing the wonderful response to my first book in the series, I knew I had to continue with randy brother Soren Snow. He makes me laugh, and makes me frustrated because he’s such a devil, and I knew I had to get him mated pronto!

Blurb:

There are three things that make bear shifter Soren Snow’s skin crawl: mothers, their children, and the great outdoors. Soren is a famed musician and playboy, and he would rather spend his days pressing the flesh with the women in his fan club than developing meaningful relationships. When his brother calls in a favor, forcing Soren to revisit the Ursa Fishing Lodge in Northern Ontario, he couldn’t be more displeased. However, he owes his brother big time.

Gioia Clementine would rather not meet Soren, her drummer son’s rock idol. But when tragedy strikes her home, it seems the only one the boy might respond to is Soren. Gioia begrudgingly agrees to let her son meet him, hoping the rock star won’t turn her tween into a musical misogynist.

When Gioia and Soren meet, the sexual chemistry threatens to set the Ontario woodland ablaze. Can these two opposites find a common ground? And can they manage to resolve their unwanted feelings, even when a mysterious stranger arrives at the lodge, threatening everything? 
Excerpt:
Gioia followed Soren's approach with a curious eye. She'd wondered if the miracle kisser would beat a hasty retreat after witnessing her boy fall to pieces, and yet here he was. He wore the same famished look he had right before he'd ruined her for any other man's kiss. And she felt it too. The tingles between her shoulder blade, the gelatin knees, and trembling lips that wanted to gobble him up.
She couldn't. She didn't want to saddle him with such a wreck of a woman or family.
He came right up to her, so close, as if making a mockery of the space that sought to separate them. Weaving his fingers through her hair, he cradled her skull and pulled her close. Tucking her head against his chest, he kissed the top of her head, blazing a trail of hot reaction down her spine. He had new clothes on and smelled fresh and clean. As she breathed him in, he rained soft kisses all over her head.
He knows.
She pulled away, suddenly terrified he'd think she was a travesty of a mother. It's what anyone would think in his case. They'd wonder what Gioia had done wrong to create a monster child. But as she attempted to remove herself from his grasp, Soren fought her by holding her still. Again she tried jerking away from his wall of a chest. He held her firm.
When she tried two more times, each time unsuccessfully, he looked at her and shouted, "Dammit, woman, I am not letting you go, so you can stop pulling away from me!"
Something in Gioia broke. She'd been carrying her sadness around for so long, trying to be strong, and Soren was offering to be strong for her. For just a moment, maybe she could surrender. God only knew how badly she wanted to give herself to the bear man.
He grabbed her tighter, and his hands slid down to mold over her ass cheeks. His warm breath was all over her face, and she took a dizzying dive into the seas of his eyes. He ground her against him, and she was forced to stand on tip toes.
"Gioia," he whispered.
She wound her arms about his tense neck, felt him tense further. Then … a sigh somewhere in his big frame and a relaxation in his muscles. As if he needed to have her wound about him. As if it soothed him as much as her.
"Soren. Please."
As he kissed her, he picked her up, his hands under her bottom. Her miniskirt rode up, and she spared a second to mentally curse her decision to wear it. And then she didn't care.
Kissing her madly, Soren spirited her into the woods.



Author’s links: www.facebook.com/rleoauthor1




No comments:

Post a Comment