Tuesday, October 16, 2012

In The Hot Seat With H.C. Brown- Author H.K. Carlton




Welcome H K Carlton!
What is your Hot New Release?
Thanks H.C. Im thrilled to be here in the Hot Seat! My Hot New Release is entitled Swap. Its also my debut. Swap features Hailey Hollinger, a married, successful journalist with the major hots for her hunky brother-in-law, Mike.

Title: Swap
Release Date: October 1, 2012
Author: H K Carlton
Publisher: Total E-Bound
Genre: Erotic Contemporary
Blurb:
When Hailey Hollinger was eighteen she thought her boyfriend, Brent, was the best-looking guy around. That was until he introduced her to his older brother, Mike. From that moment on she had the biggest crush on him and he became the star of all her teenage fantasies.

Haileys all grown up now and has been married to Brent for three years. They have great careers, a nice housethey enjoy life and each other. Everything is supposed to be perfect. Except for that pesky little infatuation with her husbands brother has never completely gone away.

A crush, by nature and definition, is supposed to be short-lived and should diminish over time. But, unfortunately for Hailey, it hasnt, and it is beginning to mess with what she thinks should be perfection. And if her life is so great, why does she then find herself groping her brother-in-law in the cab of his truck like some sex-starved teenager? And the biggest question yetwhy is he groping her right back?



 Can you tell us a little about yourself and your books?
I live in Canada with my husband and lovely teenage daughter. We are also the proud parents of two grown sons. I love to read and write. So far Ive written erotic, historical and contemporary romance.

 Have you ever used events or stories contemporary or historical in your work?

I have a historical romance The Devil Take You being released by MuseItUp Publishing in April 2013. The setting is Scotland in 1307 during the Scottish Wars of Independence. I incorporated quite bit of British and Scottish history into it.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging/ rewarding about writing?

I love writing the actual stories. What I find difficult is writing a blurb or a synopsis. Taking a 147,000-word manuscript and summing it up in 5 pages is not my favourite thing. Im way too wordy. I think it reads like a childrens book and when Im about to hit the send button when submitting to potential publishers Im always afraid that they wont read past the synopsis. Luckily for me they do. As for what I find rewarding about writing, is that I have come into contact with some amazing and talented people, other authors, and editors alike. Im grateful for these new connections and friendships.

 As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your current career?

I wanted to be many different things when I was a child. A teacher, a nurse, a mom. But mainly, I just wanted to be happy. I wanted the classic fairy tale, the prince and a happily ever after. Im still looking for it. I have my prince but of course, its not what you read in fairy tales. Life just isnt. I’m sure I’m not the princess my prince envisioned either. I guess thats why I write. I can twist and change reality or even history and form it into something completely different, the happily ever after, that is missing

 Do you have a writing schedule?
Not really. Not anymore. Things have picked up and Ive been quite busy editing and promoting. I write when I have time. You have to make time. But when I do write, thats all I want to do. Id rather the rest of life just turn off so that I can work. I get so absorbed in that other world and the characters that I dont want reality to interfere.

What kinds of books do you like to read?
Ill read anything. If it captures my attention and keeps me turning the pages I dont care what genre it is. Im pretty much open to anything. But I am somewhat fond of historical romance. Give me a well-built man in a kilt and Im a happy reader. Give me a well-built man in a kilt who will read the book to me… and well… who needs to read!

 H.C. Oh, me too. I blame Diana Gabaldon lol.


 What can readers expect from you in the near future?
I have two historical romances coming out in the new year. You Found Me out in February (little teaser, that one is also centred around brothers) and The Devil Take You April, 2013 which I mentioned earlier, both from MuseItUp Publishing. In the erotic genre, a Time-travel romance entitled Lost Time, coming from Total E-Bound in February. And more recently TEB has accepted a short story that will also be released in April. In addition I am currently working on a family saga series and a contemporary romance.
Would you like to share an excerpt?
 Here is an excerpt from Swap:
Mike released his hold slowly, and I slid down his body until my feet were back on the floor. The delight fell from his face. My body warmed and my nipples hardened against his chest. He became very still, except for his erection digging into me. Then his hands were in my hair and we dove at each other. Our lips and tongues tangled, our breathing accelerated.

I tugged at the tail of his T-shirt with impatient fingers. He released my lips and raised his arms, helping me to remove his shirt. I pulled the cotton from his chest and over his head. Our eyes locked, and I wondered for a split second if he would stop. If his conscience would take over. He swallowed hard and reached for the hem of my blouse. It was loose enough that we didnt need to take the time to unbutton it, so I raised my arms and he removed my top.

His eyes roved over the swell of my heaving breasts. He lightly skimmed his hand over my skin as he recaptured my lips. I whimpered into his mouth, feeling weak and dizzy. It felt like heaven to me. Id waited so long to be kissed this way, by this man. He grazed the side of my breast with his hand. I wriggled and stretched to get closer to him. He spun me around so my back was against the kitchen island, then grabbed my hips and hoisted me up onto the counter. I opened my legs eagerly and accepted him between them. I moaned when his rock-hard cock pressed against my wet, throbbing cunt. I couldnt help it. He felt incredible.

I wrapped my legs around his hips, holding him to me as I explored his muscular back. I followed the waistband of his jeans around to the button and toyed with it, seeking his permission. When I felt his fingers release the snap on mine, a thrill shot through my body. I undid his jeans and began to ease the zipper down. He mirrored my actions and began to ease his hand inside to cup me. I wiggled to give him room, trembling with the anticipation of his strong fingers finally plunging into my aching pussy.

The phone rang and we jumped apart. He stared at me, his mouth slightly open, his chest heaving. I knew my expression must have been reflecting his.

“Let it ring,” he said breathlessly. I welcomed him back against me as I heard the answering machine pick up. You have reached Cheryl and Mike… Leave a message at the tone…

His fingers splayed into my slick, wet heat, sending pulses of delicious, fluttering shock waves through me.

He growled deep in his chest. “God, Hails, youre wet!”

My mouth opened on a silent moan of pleasure as I palmed the full solid length of his cock. He thrust his tongue deep into my open mouth as he did the same with his middle finger inside my pussy. I rocked my hips forward, taking it deeper, demanding more. He slid another finger inside me so maddeningly slowly that I growled with impatience. It was so excruciatingly pleasurable that it burned. He increased the tempo, moving harder and faster, his curled knuckles slapping against my hungry pussy. His thumb butted up against my clit and I almost couldnt stand the friction grazing the sensitive nub. I gasped, wrapping my hands around the edge of the counter, holding on.

He froze. “Did I hurt you?”

“No,” I whimpered weakly on a half sob, my body continuing to move over his hand even though he had stilled.

Using the fingers of his other hand, he separated my lips, exposing my burning clit to the air. I gasped at this delectable new sensation. It was as if he knew how tender he was making me feel, and he knew exactly what to do to make it better. He began to stroke his fingers inside me again, finding the same tempo and rhythm I liked. It felt incredible. The pistoning action created a slight breeze as his other fingers held my lips open, exposing my aching bud to the cool air. It felt almost like someone blowing softly on it. It felt so fucking good it made me a crazy, frantic ball of violent need, centred solely on one purpose. I was going to come in his hand.

MikeYou home?” I froze at the sound of Cheryls voice on the answering machine.

Mikes panicked gaze met mine. I was caught in suspended animation. On the edge of ecstasy, yet frozen with guilt.

I know you have to be therePick up.”

His eyes darted between me and the phone. I pushed at his hips, telling him to move back. As he did, his talented fingers slipped from my insatiable pussy. “Get it.” I felt almost angry with disappointment, strung tightly as a bow, waiting for any little sensation to splinter me into a million spasming pieces. My skin skittered with tiny pulses.

He was undecided for a split second before answering.
I hopped down off the counter, gathered my top and slid into it.

“Hello.” His voice sounded strangely deep.

I pulled my jeans back into place and quivered when the seam touched my sensitive clit. I pulled up the zipper and closed my eyes at the delicious sensation the buzzing vibration created.

“No, I was outside when I heard the phone ring,” he lied. She must have noticed how out of breath he was.

“No, I’m not up to anything. I was just getting my gear outta the truck.”

Lies, all lies. Her voice rose. I couldnt hear what she was saying but I knew she was irritated. That was my cue. I caught his attention and thumbed towards the door, mouthing, “Im gonna go.”

He gave me a look of disappointment, guilt and apology and I silently let myself out.


Thanks for allowing me to warm the Hot Seat, H.C.!

My pleasure come back and see us soon.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Hk, I don't think I'll ever tire of that scene.
    Great interview! Congrats on all of your upcoming books - I loved Swap, so I can't wait to read what else you've got :)

    ~Jen
    Oh yeah, and I'll take two well-build men in kilts - heavy on the accents please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! Mmmhmm, we are like-minded, short on kilt and heavy on the accent. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen. We are like-minded people, including H.C., short on the kilt and heavy on the accent. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi HK,

    That is one sexy cover and I love the sound of this story. A very teasing excerpt and it was lovely to hear more about you.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam. The cover does display an awesome backside (view), doesn't it! I'm glad you enjoyed the excerpt!

      Delete
  5. Hi HK,

    Loved the interview and enjoyed reading Swap a few weeks back. I'm with you on the blurb-synopsis writing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked that excerpt, HK. No wonder this blog is called the "hot seat." You made that encounter even a little too real, I realize as I sit here feeling guilty too...and yes, more than a little hot.

    I'm looking forward to sharing your posts and your works. Best of success. :-D Erin

    ReplyDelete