Monday, June 18, 2012

In The Hot Seat With H.C Brown-Rosina Scott





.
 Welcome Rosina Scott! What is your Hot New Release?

  Can you tell us a little about yourself and your books?
I’m 31 and live in a little country village in the UK. I have been writing for as long as I can remember in varying genres but have found my niche with the M/M erotic romance genre.
 I have six pet rabbits and 2 guinea pigs named after characters from my favorite TV shows. I have an avid interest in science fiction TV shows. I’ve met my childhood idol John Barrowman, the man who inspired my first short story as he gave me the words of wisdom in his own biography of “Always follow your dreams and don’t let anyone tell you, you can’t do something if you want it go for it.”
I have also met the muse of my latest novel which is still a work in progress, Italian actor Daniele Favilli.
My books are all male/male erotic romances mostly so far contemporary settings with kinky themes running through them. As I like to spice things up a little for the readers and also myself when doing the research for my stories.
 H.C. That is great advice and is also my creed.
 Have you ever used events or stories contemporary or historical in your work?

Sometimes real life events may inspire the muses and a story idea will be born. So far I’ve not dealt with any historical events, but that’s not to say that I would rule out doing something historical in the future. I go where the muses take me.

 Is there anything you find particularly challenging/ rewarding about writing?

Sometimes the most challenging part of writing is the research for various stories. You’ll get this idea in your head when the muses start talking to you and they decide they are going to have a profession that you know nothing about or that they live somewhere that you have never been before. Knowing where to start for the research can be challenging.
The rewarding thing about being a writer is the feedback you get from people regarding your characters and the stories you have to tell. Knowing that something that you have given life to has been accepted into the real world by others is always a great feeling and its one that I will never tire of.

H.C. Yes, I agree it's a great feeling to know people enjoy your work.

  As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? How has that childhood dream affected your current career?

I always wanted to be a writer when I was a child, I always had a vivid imagination and would be creating stories either with my toys or just telling elaborate tales, ghost stories were a particular favorite growing up.
I also wanted to hunt ghosts for a living. Writing has become part of my life on a permanent basis although I still work at other more mundane jobs to support the career. Maybe one day I will be able to give up the day job and concentrate more on the writing.

 Do you have a writing schedule?

Not as such, I tend to write mostly in the evenings after I come home from the day job and also weekends. Sometimes I will write into the early hours of the morning if the writing bug has really taken hold.

  What kinds of books do you like to read?

I read all sorts of books but I really like paranormal M/M romance fiction especially the likes of Ally Blue and her Bay City Paranormal series, those are great. I also really like Kinky M/M erotic fiction.

H.C. Well you're sure in the right place on my blog if you enjoy kinky M/M erotic fiction.

 What can readers expect from you in the near future?

Fingers crossed it will be a contemporary M/M romance about Italian hitmen. It’s still a work in progress but one that I am very excited about and very invested in.

H.C. I'll look forward to reading that story.

Would you like to share an excerpt of Paging Dr Scott?

When Senior Amoretti began his address to the crowd, Gabriele gripped the rifle from his position and took a deep breath, holding it as the sound of the room began to be drowned out by his own heartbeat as the blood rushed through his veins. Squeezing the trigger the shot rang out followed by screams as Senior Amoretti went down like a lead weight, Gabriele let out a breath.
“Seal the doors; no one leaves without being searched.” The bodyguard called into his radio, alerting the police officers at the doors to control the situation as the crowd began to move frantically after witnessing the politician dropping to his knees before them, a single gunshot to the forehead. “Someone turn off those damned cameras, we do not need to continue broadcasting this right now.” The man snapped as he waved his hand angrily towards the bank of television cameras that continued to roll on the mayhem that was unfolding before them.
H.C. This sounds like an addition to my TBR list. All the details about this great new release are here:
Title: Paging Dr Scott
Release Date: 16th June 2012
Author: Rosina Scott
Publisher: Silver Publishing
Genre  Contemporary M/M
Blurb: 


Getting up close and personal is not what people expect when they go for their annual medical, but Darcy Reed has to try hard not to enjoy it too much. He has a thing for doctors and this year his medical is about to get interesting.
On the eve of his medical, he visits his favourite club in search of the mind-numbing release only alcohol can bring. Instead, he meets the enigmatic Sheridan Scott.
The chance encounter is only the beginning. Sheridan is a doctor and Darcy is about to get more than he bargained for when he goes for his physical. Darcy hasn't had much luck in love. Will Sheridan be just what the doctor ordered?

 H.C. Thank you so much for joining me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment