Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Guest Author: Candice Butler

As most of you are aware, I encourage everyone's point of view on my blog. Freedom of speech and all that BUT I don't endorse or agree with everyone's point of view posted here. If I do agree with a particular post my comments will be included in the post. I've added this statement to all controversial posts to avoid any misunderstanding. I don't edit comments, so feel free to make yours on any post. So my dear and valued readers PLEASE don't shoot the messenger

 Today Candice Butler's joins us with some insights on her, "Oh My Gods" series.  

Take it away Candice:                                                 


I Don’t Do Virgins

Some people ask why I write about women old enough to be their mothers, older actually. I guess being one is not really the best answer. So a better answer is, it really comes down to the fact that I don’t do virgins any more.
I have loved romance since I was, well since I was old enough to read. Stories where an young inexperienced woman who loses her all important virginity to a more experienced man were the bread and butter of the genre.
Wow! So what do you do once you're the one with the experience?
I'm 58 years old and I’ve got some experience. Virgins no longer don't do it for me. Don’t get me wrong, I still love reading romance. I still love the exquisite angst of a new relationship and seeing how it twists, is tested, and triumphs. However, I’m done with the awakening of a woman's sexual self. I’ve been awake way too long to find this storyline all that exciting.
So what is sexy in a heroine? I like a woman telling her partner what she wants, how she wants it. And I love a woman who can give as good as she gets.
Virgins don't know how to do these things. Virgins don't know anything. That's why I don't do virgins anymore.
Shameless plug, you knew it was coming.

Check out how the big girls do it in the first two books of the Oh My Gods Series: Him and Serving Serena, from Noble Romance, also available for Kindle and Nook. Read excerpts on my website 

Peace out. Candice Butler.www.candicebutler.com.




Because we’re never too old for passion
 Title: Him
Release Date: May 14, 2012
Author: Candice Butler
Publisher: Noble Romance
Genre: Erotic Romance
Blurb: Nola Garrett, a newly retired aeronautical engineer, is looking for a new adventure. She finds it when she moves into a lavish condominium and meets her next-door neighbor. He's tall, dark, handsome, and even at his age, incredibly sexy. He goes by one name, Amon.

Amon makes it clear from their first meeting that his intention is to take her to his bed. It's been years since Nola has thought about sex, let alone had any. She's not even certain she still knows how. Fortunately, Amon has no such qualms. He has loved and made love to Nola's spirit through multiple lifetimes. As an Egyptian god, Amon's love for Nola is timeless, and as the god of fertility and sexuality, he has an appetite for her that is beyond measure. Suddenly, Nola finds she can transcend the barriers of age, menopause, and fear to claim a life of unbridled sexuality and joy. Because when you're in love with a god, your golden years shine like no other.


No comments:

Post a Comment