Saturday, February 25, 2012

H.C. Brown Welcomes Author Lucy Felthouse

Hi Lucy,
Thank you for dropping by today to tell my readers about your exciting new release The Cottage in The Woods.



Short and Sweet by Lucy Felthouse
I've titled this blog post "short and sweet" because the phrase perfectly describes my new release, The Cottage in the Woods, from Resplendence Publishing.
It's part of their Erotic Gems range, and tells the tale of a woman called Heidi who lives, as you may have guessed, in a remote cottage in the woods. The idea for the story came to me when I was driving past a cottage. Ironically, it's on a main road, but beyond the cottage you can see lots of woodland, so it was easy to imagine what it would be like if the road wasn't there, and the cottage was the only thing for miles. By the time I'd reached my destination (the journey, unfortunately, wasn't short or sweet) I had a rough idea of what I was going to write about.
I say rough idea because I very rarely know exactly what's going to happen in my stories, or to my characters until I start writing. It's different when I'm writing longer pieces, as there's more planning involved. But with short stories, I tend to just sit down and let the words come, and see where they lead me and the characters. In the case of The Cottage in the Woods, they lead to a sweet, funny and yet very erotic lesbian romance. I don't want to give too much away, but there's also a paranormal element – you'll probably have a fair idea by reading the blurb:
Living in her remote cottage in the woods, Heidi doesn’t get many visitors. So when she spots a fox in her garden, she’s delighted. However, her joy quickly turns to dismay when she thinks the beautiful creature may be injured. Heading out to see how she can help, Heidi is astounded when something happens that makes her question her eyesight – not to mention her sanity. Once she gets over her shock and discovers the reason behind the peculiar encounter, Heidi is mighty glad that the fox chose her garden to visit.


So, if you're looking for a short and sweet story for your eReader, check out The Cottage in the Woods.




Lucy is a graduate of the University of Derby, where she studied Creative Writing. During her first year, she was dared to write an erotic story - so she did. It went down a storm and she's never looked back. Lucy has had stories published by Cleis Press, Constable and Robinson, House of Erotica, Noble Romance, Ravenous Romance, Resplendence Publishing, Summerhouse Publishing, Sweetmeats Press and Xcite Books. She is also the editor of Uniform Behaviour and Seducing the Myth. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9

No comments:

Post a Comment