Friday, April 3, 2015

Be yourself.




I've seen a lot of authors in constant state of worry over being good enough, or not being as good as so and so....or why is she/he making it and I'm not. Then there is the 'Why can't I write when I have made a pitch or put in a submission' syndrome. Had that feeling? I think at one time or another we all suffer from self-doubt and this kills creativity. 

The best bit of advice I can offer is to forget about what everyone else is doing and stick to your own path. We are storytellers, so don't try to write what she/he is writing, write what your muse is telling you to write.

 Put on your blinkers forget about other authors, the last submission etc, and just write...... that's what I'm doing. I'm happy to write and if one day I make the NYT Bestsellers list, well it will be a bonus but if I don't it's not the end of the world is it? It won't stop me writing because my stories need to be told.... and so do yours
smile emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment